The Cinnabon brand was introducing a smoothie product in the company’s retail bakeries and wanted to make splash.
Develop an in-store promotion designed to drive consumer trial of the new Cinnabon Chillata drink and was also beneficial to employees.
Red Moon combined extensive experience in consumer retail promotions and sports marketing to create 360 degree “everybody wins” program. Teaming with Richard Petty Enterprises, the brand sponsored the famous #43 car for the July NASCAR race in Daytona. Racing themed POS and in-store promotion was developed for every bakery in U.S and Canada promoting the Chillatta. When consumers purchased a Chillatta, they received an instant win scratch off ticket in which every ticket was a winner. Consumer prizes ranged from a free Chillatta to the ultimate grand prize trip to the Daytona race. Employees also competed to sell the most Chillattas with opportunity to win prizes as well.
- Successful product launch in 351 bakeries in U.S. and Canada
- Over 16 million impressions made during promotional period
- Over 100,000 new customers data collected
- 1.5 million game cards distributed and sampled over 250,000 Chillatta drinks during program
- Leveraged the primary sponsorship of the #43 car for the Pepsi 400 in Daytona, FL. ($450,000) in value
- Strengthened and capitalized on Cinnabon’s relationship with General Mills (key supplier for their baking dough)