With the technology to produce the pelletized ice cream product that would stay stable in a retail environment the product needed brand architecture.
Red Moon was charged with developing a name, logo, packaging, sales presentation, a website and marketing plans and programs in six months for nationwide roll out for a new beaded ice cream product.
Red Moon built the brand by generating awareness through marketing and sales strategies:
- Positioning MolliCoolz as the "Coolest Way to Eat Ice Cream"
- Developing a unique cutting edge sales presentation designed to accelerate sales efforts
- Taking advantage of competitors' distribution limitations
The tactics included:
- Unique 3D sales samples to enhance trade sell-in
- Graphic packaging to appeal to target market – "tweener kids"
- Interactive web site designed to resonate with product positioning statement
- Intense public relations efforts designed to increase credibility with frozen dessert category buyers
- Use of social media to connect with target market
- Design and production of vibrant trade show booth
- Red Moon’s program and strategy resulted in MolliCoolz presence in over 80 major pro-sport arenas, stadiums, and event entertainment venues.
- $40 million per year in sales
- 80% penetration in the grocery market nationwide